2: member
3: member
4: member
5: member

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Alpha-Layers to SVG Plug-in

Share your Python Fu Scripts/plug-ins for GIMP here
Krikor
Forum Member

Re: Alpha-Layers to SVG Plug-in

Post#11 by Krikor » 09 Apr 2021, 15:01

tim wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 14:56
Yeah I tried the custom font file you mentioned and see no errors because I am on Linux, Linux is happy with all symbols/characters except for forward slash as expected.
Try version 4 on Windows, you should get bunch of errors but it'll still generate error_#.svg files.
After running version 4.0 I got the same result as with version 3.0

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

GIMP Error
Execution error for procedure 'gimp-vectors-export-to-file':
Error opening file “C:\Users\...\TestPath03\?.svg”: Input/output error

GIMP Error
Error opening file “C:\Users\...\TestPath03\>.svg”: Input/output error

GIMP Error
Error opening file “C:\Users\...\TestPath03\<.svg”: Input/output error

GIMP Error
Error opening file “C:\Users\...\TestPath03\|.svg”: Input/output error

GIMP Error
Error opening file “C:\Users\...\TestPath03\:.svg”: Input/output error

GIMP Error
Error opening file “C:\Users\...\TestPath03\*.svg”: Input/output error

GIMP Error
Error opening file “C:\.svg”: Permission denied

GIMP Error
Error opening file “C:\.svg”: Permission denied

GIMP Error
Error opening file “C:\Users\...\TestPath03\".svg”: Input/output error

*********************************************************************************************************************************************
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

tim
GL Blogger

Post#12 by tim » 09 Apr 2021, 15:02

The errors you see are fine...as long as you see error_#.svg files created.
aka Tin

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#13 by Krikor » 09 Apr 2021, 15:29

tim wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 15:02
The errors you see are fine...as long as you see error_#.svg files created.
I don't quite understand the importance of this error _ #. Svg created.
Of the 110 characters expected, only 75 .svg files are created, one of which is this error_1.svg

I opened this file in Gimp, but it doesn't seem like any of the pre-existing characters. (As the image below)
AlphaLayerSvg05.jpg
Krikor - alpha-layers-to-svg test005
AlphaLayerSvg05.jpg # (65.29 KiB) Viewed 848 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
But I will try to use the plug-in, removing the special characters, leaving only those that have already been created without problems, letters and numbers.

Thx Tim!
"I feel that in both art and music, it's not the success that matters but the pleasure it gives you. Focus on the pleasure and the learning will come naturally." - Brian Weston

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#14 by Krikor » 09 Apr 2021, 16:00

Tim,

I removed the special characters, but there is still an unexpected behavior when generating .SVG files.

I missed the capital letters, and I thought that somehow, because they had the same name, there was an overlap for the files of the same name (A xa, B xb, C xc, etc.), but then to analyze the case better I noticed that after the capitalized files are created, they are simply removed from the folder again during the process the plug-in is running on.

Excuse me if I'm being unclear, but please watch a video I recorded from the screen where this process is taking place while the plug-in is running.

►►► https://imgur.com/a/IpjNJVs#45YCkvE ◄◄◄

BTW, it would be interesting if the forum allowed the display of this type of video (embed)

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#15 by Krikor » 09 Apr 2021, 16:32

If I remove the letters a, d, e, and run the plug-in, then the files A.svg, D.svg, and E.svg are created and maintained. Otherwise they would be overwritten and replaced by their lowercase versions. (as with the other capitalized letters)
AlphaLayerSvg06.jpg
Krikor - test 006
AlphaLayerSvg06.jpg # (7.57 KiB) Viewed 845 times (Thumbnail | Recognize | Sq Tile | LNFI)
Following the capital letters in the video (A, B, C, etc.) it is possible to see them being removed while the lower case letters appear.

tim
GL Blogger

Post#16 by tim » 09 Apr 2021, 17:29

This turns out to be Windows problem where filenames are defaulted as being case insensitive. So when a.svg is created, the file system treats it the same as A.svg, that's why it's overwritten. On Linux this doesn't happen.
I read online that's there's ways to make a specific folder case sensitive on a Windows 10 Update...
You could look that up and try to set that folder to be case sensitive.
Or a work-around would be to rename one group of a.png to z.png to a_.png for example just to have the files generated and rename them later.
aka Tin

Krikor
Forum Member

Post#17 by Krikor » 09 Apr 2021, 18:58

tim wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 17:29
This turns out to be Windows problem where filenames are defaulted as being case insensitive. So when a.svg is created, the file system treats it the same as A.svg, that's why it's overwritten. On Linux this doesn't happen.
I read online that's there's ways to make a specific folder case sensitive on a Windows 10 Update...
You could look that up and try to set that folder to be case sensitive.
Or a work-around would be to rename one group of a.png to z.png to a_.png for example just to have the files generated and rename them later.
Yeep...
I tried...
I created a folder for this type of project: the Sensitive folder, but it always gives an error. :fb_wow:
===================================================================================
C: \ WINDOWS \ system32> fsutil.exe file setCaseSensitiveInfo C: \ Sensitive enable
Error: Order is not supported.

C: \ WINDOWS \ system32>
===================================================================================
I will have to choose to change the name of the layers to avoid this overwriting.

Thx Tim!

GIMP/GL:  Tutorials | Tips | Questions | Interests | Script Requests
Recommendations:  Index | Top 10
Resources:  🡆 Python-Fu Plug-ins | Scheme-Fu Scripts | GIMP
Python:  Lessons | Questions | Exercises
The Arts:  GIMPed | GIMPed Photos | Other | Contests | Public Domain Images | Isolated Images | Blender
Inkscape
Social:  Say Hello | Anything Goes | Shares | FCSP

Post Reply New Topic